Islam, the American way: A new generation of Muslim Americans separate what is cultural, what is religious, and what is American, finding that the ‘straight path’ isn’t the same path for all.
LTMC: It’s almost like the fact that Muslim civilians are the most frequent victims of terrorist attacks makes them more sensitive to the idea of killing civilians for ideological reasons.
Sen. Rand Paul, who is joining FreedomWorks President Matt Kibbe and lead counsel Ken Cuccinelli on the case. Kibbe adds:
This class action suit isn’t about Republican versus Democrat, or progressive versus conservative. This is about defending the basic civil liberties of every American from a government that has crossed the line. FreedomWorks is participating in this suit on behalf of our community of 6 million citizens nationwide, along with any American who has a phone. If you use a phone, you should care about this case. Never in American history has there been such a warrantless gathering of citizens information. We believe it is time to put this before the courts.
LTMC: I can’t imagine what could go wrong here.
I was even required to confiscate nail clippers from airline pilots—the implied logic being that pilots could use the nail clippers to hijack the very planes they were flying."
- It can track the numbers of both parties on a phone call, as well location, time and duration. (More)
- It can hack Chinese phones and text messages. (More)
- It can set up fake internet cafes. (More)
- It can spy on foreign leaders’ cell phones. (More)
- It can tap underwater fiber-optic cables. (More)
- It can track communication within media organizations like Al-Jazeera. (More)
- It can hack into the UN video conferencing system. (More)
- It can track bank transactions. (More)
- It can monitor text messages. (More)
- It can access your email, chat, and web browsing history. (More)
- It can map your social networks. (More)
- It can access your smartphone app data. (More)
- It is trying to get into secret networks like Tor, diverting users to less secure channels. (More)
- It can go undercover within embassies to have closer access to foreign networks. (More)
- It can set up listening posts on the roofs of buildings to monitor communications in a city. (More)
- It can set up a fake Linkedin. (More)
- It can track the reservations at upscale hotels. (More)
- It can intercept the talking points for Ban Ki-moon’s meeting with Obama. (More)
- It can crack cellphone encryption codes. (More)
- It can hack computers that aren’t connected to the internet using radio waves. (More)
- It can intercept phone calls by setting up fake base stations. (More)
- It can remotely access a computer by setting up a fake wireless connection. (More)
- It can install fake SIM cards to then control a cell phone. (More)
- It can fake a USB thumb drive that’s actually a monitoring device. (More)
- It can crack all types of sophisticated computer encryption. (Update: It is trying to build this capability.) (More)
- It can go into online games and monitor communication. (More)
- It can intercept communications between aircraft and airports. (More)
-Jody, BL Show-
Fantastic list — I’ve been wanting to make one myself, but haven’t had the chance. Share, share, share.
— Heather Linebaugh, former drone pilot.
- “We are announcing today that we have reverted back to our prior legal terms, which contain no mention of arbitration.”—
A statement from General Mills...
- “The necessity of political philosophy arises because most policies are good for some people and bad for others.”—
That’s Harvard economist N. Gregory...