WhatsYourPrice.com allows rich men to bid on dates with beautiful women. Tracy Clark-Flory reports on the site’s recent findings:
Based on a six-month study of dates successfully brokered through the site, they found that “men who want to date women over 10 years younger than themselves have to pay approximately 13% more than the average to close every year of age gap.” A man 40 years older than his object of affection “will have to pay approximately 400% (or 4 times) more than a man who is only 10 years older to attract the interest of the same woman,” read the site’s press release. This may sound like mood-killing data, but it’s just the sort of blunt financial-cum-romance advice that is visible these days.
September 24, 2011
The Sugar Daddy Cost Curve
RSS feed: http://letterstomycountry.tumblr.com/rss
- “Passage of a Len Bias law in New York will send a clear message to drug kingpins that we are coming after them. The law would empower law enforcement...”
- “This disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect persons of poor and mean...”
- “As many critics have pointed, out, terrorism is not an enemy. It is a tactic. Because the United States itself has a long record of supporting...”
- just dropped a bottle of wine on the sidewalk
Ugh why must I be such a fuckup all the time.
- andimthedad said:I've been following the situation in Ferguson as closely as possible. It is shocking. I've been wondering: where are all the anti-government pro-gun-rights people? For years, they've been predicting oppression of citizens through police militarization, and now that it's actually happening, they seem silent. Is this straight-up racism? Is this because it's not the federal government (e.g. Obama) being oppressive? Is this because the police aren't coming after them personally?
I’ve been thinking about what I want to say on this topic all day; it’s been discussed to comedic effect on Facebook and Twitter, amongst the people...
- Libertarian Bashing
- “I’m heartbroken to see the Judaism of love and compassion being dismissed as ‘unrealistic’ by so many of my fellow Jews and fellow rabbis. Wasn’t the...”