University of Minnesota bioethicist Steve Miles is now offering $1,000 if the woman Bachmann described comes forward with medical proof that her daughter was left mentally disabled because of the vaccination. Art Caplan, director of the University of Pennsylvania Center for Bioethics and Miles’ former boss at the U, went further — offering $10,000 if the woman’s claim is verified. “These types of messages in this climate have the capacity to do enormous public health harm,” Miles said of why he made the offer. “It’s an extremely serious claim and it deserves to be analyzed.” Miles and Caplan said they are prepared to pay should the medical records be released.
Presented without comment.
Tim Pawlenty challenged viewers to find an economic plan from President Obama on the web. If you find one, he promises to come to your house and cook you dinner.
When Pawlenty was asked about criticizing Michele Bachmann for her migraines, he said the only headache to question is the headache the President has caused.
Someone is better prepped since the New Hampshire debate.
I want Pad Thai, as spicy as you can make it. So spicy it makes my diarhea burn on the exit.
I have a feeling Tim Pawlenty will be cooking alot of dinner in the near future.
jron replied to your photo: This is probably the best photo of Bachmann among…
except it doesn’t actually look like her. At least they didn’t do this: balloon-juice.com/wp-co…
This is probably the best photo of Bachmann among the Newsweek outtakes. Her hair is a little crazy but she otherwise looks somewhat decent here, I think.
This one actually literally scared me when I opened it:
- “Passage of a Len Bias law in New York will send a clear message to drug kingpins that we are coming after them. The law would empower law enforcement...”
- “This disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect persons of poor and mean...”
- “As many critics have pointed, out, terrorism is not an enemy. It is a tactic. Because the United States itself has a long record of supporting...”
- just dropped a bottle of wine on the sidewalk
Ugh why must I be such a fuckup all the time.
- andimthedad said:I've been following the situation in Ferguson as closely as possible. It is shocking. I've been wondering: where are all the anti-government pro-gun-rights people? For years, they've been predicting oppression of citizens through police militarization, and now that it's actually happening, they seem silent. Is this straight-up racism? Is this because it's not the federal government (e.g. Obama) being oppressive? Is this because the police aren't coming after them personally?
I’ve been thinking about what I want to say on this topic all day; it’s been discussed to comedic effect on Facebook and Twitter, amongst the people...
- Libertarian Bashing
- “I’m heartbroken to see the Judaism of love and compassion being dismissed as ‘unrealistic’ by so many of my fellow Jews and fellow rabbis. Wasn’t the...”