"Your average Indian friend can only guide/help you for less than 10-20% of your all-India trip. India is huge and extremely diverse - the social context (language, food, way of life) changes so drastically at places that an average Indian can be ill at ease at most places in India except for his own state and the surrounding region. Ideally you want to know one person at least from each of west/east/south/north/central India to make the most of your visit here."
— From a fascinating thread at Quora: "What Facts About [X Country] Do Foreigners Not Believe Until They Visit [X Country]." This particular comment alleges to be from an Indian national.
- separateskies reblogged this from letterstomycountry
- imall4frogs likes this
- ataletoldbackwards likes this
- fuckyeahexistentialcrises likes this
- separateskies likes this
- emilykatherinethefirst likes this
- carolcola likes this
- indomitablemaitri reblogged this from letterstomycountry
- snickerfig likes this
- shootingstarsonly said:Very true.
- shootingstarsonly reblogged this from letterstomycountry
- taweesha likes this
- political-linguaphile likes this
- qt-pi reblogged this from letterstomycountry
- qt-pi likes this
- letterstomycountry posted this