Really Depressing Thing Of The Day: Big Bird sings at Jim Henson’s funeral, May 1990.
Caption from Wikipedia:
On May 21, a public memorial service was held in New York City at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. Another one was held on July 2 at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London. As per Henson’s wishes, no one in attendance wore black, and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band finished the service by performing “When the Saints Go Marching In”. Harry Belafonte sang “Turn the World Around,” a song he had debuted on The Muppet Show, as each member of the congregation waved, with a puppeteer’s rod, an individual, brightly-colored foam butterfly. Later, Big Bird (performed by Caroll Spinney) walked out onto the stage and sang Kermit the Frog’s signature song, “Bein’ Green”. Henson was cremated at Ferncliff Cemetery. His ashes were scattered in Santa Fe, New Mexico, at his ranch.
- tarmaie reblogged this from letterstomycountry and added:
- habrew reblogged this from letterstomycountry
- habrew likes this
- outlawjosie likes this
- we-are-all-made-0f-stars reblogged this from letterstomycountry
- we-are-all-made-0f-stars likes this
- avatarsnowy likes this
- catbushandludicrous likes this
- trxfreely likes this
- letterstomycountry posted this